I am collaborating with the Spanish blog Yuanfang Magazine. As they use Spanish, here you have another of my articles for them translated into English. You can read the Spanish version here. I hope you like it! 🙂
DIFFERENT AND DIVERSE, BUT SHORTS
It’s not a secret that in Taiwan the weather is hot from mid-April to mid-October. And in summer, the word “hot” does not do justice to the temperatures at which we get here. On 8 August, we reached the record temperature of 39.3 ° C, but because of the humidity, the feeling was almost ten degrees more.
One of the most common tools to beat the heat is to wear short jeans and let your legs breathe. It’s that simple!
But a basic garment can have many details and styles that make it different in every girl and creates several trends, sometimes coinciding several of them in the same pants. Here I show you the most common lately:
1. Boyfriend style: pants for girl but shaped as boy pants; as its name indicates: “as if they had caught borrowed from your boyfriend”. They are usually fitted with a belt so they are not too baggy.
2. Bleached: wholly or partly, these pants have been treated with bleaching products, either by staining or doing a gradient.
3. Studded / ripped / with the pockets sticking out below: these details give a more “rebel” touch to the set.
4. High waist: very fashionable also in the long pants, they reach the waist.
5. Tight to the waist: similar to the high waist pants, but these are fitted to the silhouette thanks to the shape of the cut. They usually have several buttons.
6. Basic: no, no kidding. This kind of jeans are always trendy because they enhance other items in the set and are more versatile. And believe me, sometimes it is not easy to find jeans that do not have “anything”.
Another advantage of short jeans, whether is their trend, is that you can use even when the weather starts to be cool, you just have to wear tights underneath and ready! And I do not start talking about colors and patterns because they are infinite!
And if you do not want to buy ones, on Youtube there are thousands of tutorials about how to reuse old pants adapting them to any of the existing trends. Like for example this one of this girl, full of energy, and this, more professional.